Sunday, July 27, 2008

He Is Coming Again, Just As He Said!

Temple Baptist Church - 7-20-2008

John 14:1-4

Introduction:


A. One of the greatest promises in the Bible is found in John 14 when Jesus said, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” We live in the last of the last days and His return in eminent! There will be a Returning, a Receiving, and a Recompensing!

1. These are Days Of Expectancy because of:

a) The Wickedness Of Sinners – Both Noah and Lot’s Days combined.

b) The Wickedness Of So-called Saints – 2 Timothy 3 fulfilled!

2. These are Days Of Excitement because of:

a) We See The Signs Of The Apostasy – 2 Thessalonians 2

b) We See The Signs Of The Approaching One World Government and Religion.

3. These are Days Of Encouragement because of:

a) The Predictions Of God’s Word

b) The Promises Of God’s Word

B. This promise of His return (I will come again, and receive you unto myself: that where I am, there ye may be also) will be manifested in the last days and this is the time in which we live. All of the Bible prophecy concerning the Rapture of the Church has been fulfilled and the time is certainly ripe.

1. The Saints are ready for deliverance! I am not talking about “professing Christians.” I am talking about “possessing Christians!”They are sick and tired of this “present evil world” and are both excited and expectant concerning their eternal one. This world is not my home. I live here until He takes me to my “long home.”

2. The World is ready for deliverance! Their “deliverer” will not be what they expected because he will destroy this world, but he will be the one that they will place their trust in. Even now, the troublesome times are being foreshadowed by financial hardship, starvation, political upheaval, and unrest. There is no rest for the wicked in this world or the world to come! They will one day call upon the mountains and rocks to fall upon them with no comprehension that their death will go from the temporal to the eternal!

IN THESE FOUR VERSES WE FIND ALL THAT WE NEED IN LIGHT OF HIS COMING!

1. We Find The Promise Of A Peace – “let not your heart be troubled” Notice with me that the word “heart” is singular. This is not a promise to the church corporately, but to the saint individually.

Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH [is] everlasting strength:

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace [be] unto you: as [my] Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

a. A Peace That Comes From Knowing The Lord
b. A Peace That Comes From Trusting The Lord
c. A Peace That Comes From Expecting The Lord

2. We Find The Promise Of A Place – “In my Father’s house are many mansions”

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world [men] have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, [what] he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Revelation 22:1-5 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

a. Heaven Is A Prepared Place!
b. Heaven Is A Perfect Place!
c. Heaven Is A Permanent Place!

3. We Find The Promise Of A Preparation – “I go and prepare a place for you” He placed the eternal blood on the eternal mercy seat for our eternal redemption!

a. Salvation Has A Wonderful Saviour – vs. 13 (What a wonderful Saviour He is to me!)

b. Salvation Provides A Wonderful Grace – vs. 11 (Grace: probably the most misunderstood of all doctrines! I wonder what it is about grace that confuses people. Grace is simply unmerited favor! It cannot be bought or wrought. What a wonderful thought! He loves me as I am! He loves even me!)

c. Salvation Effects A Wonderful Conversion – vs. 14 (What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought!)

d. Salvation Produces A Wonderful People – vs. 14 (The most wonderful people in all of the world!)

e. Salvation Guarantees A Wonderful Prospect – vs. 13 (I will live forever in Heaven with Him!)

No comments: