Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Whom Having Not Seen, Ye Love

Temple Baptist Church - 1-4-2017
1 Peter 1:8


Introduction:

A.  It is amazing that we, as God’s children, can so love One whom we have never seen with the physical eye. It is a love that the world knows nothing about.  It is a love that only the child of God can know.

B.  As Jesus Christ paid a terrible price because He so love, these displaced, scattered Jews also paid a terrible price for this love of Christ.

1.  It was a Reciprocal Love.  1 John 4:19  We love him, because he first loved us.

2.  It was Separating Love.  Matthew 10:37  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

3.  It was an Obedient Love.  John 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

4.  It was a Constraining Love.  2 Corinthians 5:14-15  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:  (15)  And thathe died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

C.  Though it was a
“faceless” love, it was not a “baseless” love!  The first 9 verses show the basis of this great love that God’s children have for the Lord Jesus Christ.

1.  We Love Him For His Great Salvation – vs. 3

2.  We Love Him For His Marvelous Grace – vs. 2

3.  We Love Him For His Glorious Peace – vs. 2

4.  We Love Him For His Wonderful Prospect – vs. 4

5.  We Love Him For His Blessed Assurance – vs. 5

6.  We Love Him For His Infinite Wisdom – vs. 6-7

7.  We I Love Him For His Unspeakable Joy – vs. 8

8.  We Love Him For His Promised Eternity – vs. 9

No comments: